It’s Monday morning and you’re ready to get your day started. You follow your morning routine and as you go throughout your day, you’re cornered into making a ton of decisions. By the time you get home, you don’t care what you eat for dinner because you’re exhausted.
Your brain is like a muscle, and all of the decisions that you make throughout the day cause fatigue. In order to eliminate that, try these simple steps…. You’ll find yourself feeling a lot better throughout the day.
1. USE YOUR CALENDAR. On Sundays, plan your week… Having a calendar eliminates decision fatigue because you no longer have to decide what to do with your time, you just have to follow your schedule. Make sure you schedule in leisure time for yourself. Wake up before everyone else so you have time to yourself. Take Sunday to pick out your lunches, outfits, plan your social media posts, calendar, do your laundry and clean. You’ll feel so much better if you do all of that. Review your calendar before bed. Reset your life before bed. Make hard decisions early in the day. Sleep.
2. Build Habits. Habits force you to put yourself on autopilot and you don’t have to make a decision to do it anymore, you just do it. Think about it, do you wake up in the morning and think about brushing your teeth or do you just do it? You just do it because it’s a habit. Build a habit.
3. TASKS. Use Gneo (app in app store) and keep all your tasks there. It forces you to evaluate your priorities and ask yourself, is it urgent? Is it important? Does it help me reach my goals? Can someone else do it? That’ll eliminate a ton for you.
4. Write everything down. Forcing yourself to remember stuff means more stuff you need to keep in your mind, the harder it is to get everything done. Evernote is the best!
5. Listen to jazz music. It keeps your mind centered and keeps you in a light, positive and relaxed mood.
6. Focus on the 20% of activities that yield 80% of your results. Don’t get caught up in emailing all day everyday. If it’s not going to create income, either eliminate it or delegate it. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
7. Take care of your body! Food is fuel. Make sure you workout, and yoga is so good for your mind and body.
8. Keep the bigger picture top of mind. Write down your goals and review them everyday. Understand your values and your vision.
9. Don’t get caught up in gossip. It’s emotionally draining and you don’t need it.
10. Eliminate temptations. If you’re on a diet, take all of the crap out of your house. Don’t go to places that have junk food, that forces you to make more decisions. If you’re trying to hit a certain goal, eliminate the temptations of falling off course.
11. If it takes you less than 2 minutes, do it now… Don’t think about it. If you think too much about it, you’ll spend more time thinking about it than doing the actual task.
12. Finish what you start.